Wednesday 23 June 2010

sweat


The tube was stifling last night in London, but it was nowhere near as hot as the upstairs room at The Lamb. Blue Bus reading #39 (I think) featured Tom Raworth and Fanny Howe. You can't tell from these photos but a room only a bit bigger than my own living room held (or failed to) some eighty people. They were there for good reason. It's always a pleasure to hear Tom Raworth read but this time he began by reading three poems from Jim Goar's terrific new Reality Street book Seoul Bus Poems before launching into his own work. Fanny Howe read from her new Reality Street book Emergence, a collection of early work. I didn't venture downstairs during the break for fear I wouldn't be able to get in again. I wouldn't have missed these poets for the world.

No comments: